Call for Proposals
DetailsDeadline for this Open Call is 11:59pm BST on February 10th, 2023
Call for Proposals – Work on Walls 2023
APS is calling for exhibition proposals from artists, independent curators and practitioners!
Creatives need a space to test out ideas! From seeing new artworks on white walls, a safe space to work on your first project as as a curator or you simply want to put on an event. Well, we have the space for you – It’s called Work on Walls.
Our Work on Walls project is the perfect test space for creatives. We offer our gallery space, technical support and you do the rest! The gallery hire is £150 per 7 days running Wednesday to Wednesday. The hire fee covers the cost of rent, bills and staff pay.
We are happy to work with both creatives who have applied for funding to use our space, or those who are self funded.
It is free to apply. If selected you will have to pay the £150 hire fee.
What do you get?
– Use of our Gallery for 7 days – 4 prep days for meetings, support, and hanging your show and 3 days for the exhibition. Our space can fit up to 40 pieces of work.
– Advise with marketing your exhibition digitally
– Support with curating your exhibition, and the technical hanging your show
– Available to hire: Frames (A4, A3, A2), TV, Project and PA (limited to what we have)
– Opportunities to meet and network with artists, curators and spaces within Leeds and wider.
What do you need to do?
– We are here to support you with your exhibition BUT not run your exhibition, so please have a clear idea of what you want to plan, who you want to plan it with and factor in any additional costing.
– You need to make sure you are free to plan, hang and invigilate your exhibition – this is not the responsibility of our team.
– If you would like to have a later opening it will be an additional £100 to cover for two members of staff to be present. These normally run from 6:30pm – 9pm on a Friday evening.
– You can serve food and drink at these events, please talk to a member of our team before – if you plan to sell drinks or food you will need to apply for appropriate licences for your event – including live music, or alcohol sales.
Exhibitions will run between April, May and October 2023.
We are trying to remove as many barriers to showing work in a physical gallery space as possible, therefore we have a limited number of frames, projectors and TV creatives can borrow to allow them to exhibit in our space – These are limited and will only be appropriate for A sized 2D work. Please get in touch if this is a requirement.
If you are interested please submit your proposal below:
If you have any questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org