Call for Expressions of Interest: Royal Docks Team Creative Commission Autumn 20
DetailsSubmission Deadline: 10 February 2021
Notified by: 17 February
Royal Docks Team are inviting Expressions of Interest for an ambitious, live performance commission for family audiences in the Royal Docks in Autumn 2021.
We are looking for ambitious and bold ideas that can creatively, and practically, deliver on our objectives to:
• Position the Royal Docks as a place of innovation, making, ideas, and experimentation.
• Actively involve, and feel relevant to, Royal Docks’ young people
• Be inspired by, and rooted in, the people and place of the Royal Docks.
• Support the wider Royal Docks creative community through sharing/show and tell opportunities.
• Be inclusive and connect diverse communities.
Up to 3 EOIs will be shortlisted to take part in paid R&D (£5,000 per organisation / partnership) during February / March to work up full-scale proposals. The budget for the final commission is up to £200,000.
This opportunity is open to arts organisations/artists/partnerships with a strong track record of delivering ambitious live performance-based projects that include participation.
Projects can be developed in partnership, the lead organisation must be based in the U.K.
Projects can involve any artform, or across artforms, so long as the event is performed live, to a live, family audience.
We are committed to delivering a diverse and inclusive programme that reflects our community. We welcome applications from arts organisations and artists of all backgrounds.
The project will need to adhere to the Government coronavirus guidance and restrictions in place throughout the lifecycle of its creation and delivery, and therefore will need to be flexible and adaptable to the circumstances.