Audience Engagement Trainee (Film) – Sheffield Doc/Fest
DetailsRole: Audience Engagement Trainee (Film), Sheffield Doc/Fest
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Dates Required: 2 days a week, 20 August to 12 November 2018
Location: Sheffield Doc/Fest, 15 Paternoster Row, The Workstation, S1 2BX, Sheffield
As part of the Marketing team you will be training on the tools used to promote a national film tour. If you're interested in film and marketing this is the perfect opportunity to work alongside the Doc/Fest team to help promote the film tour taking place in Autumn.
This is an expenses only role
Summary of Deliverables:
• Develop audience surveys, data capture and
• Assist in developing tailored film marketing
strategies at a local and national level;
• Assist in management of film outreach
• Assist in external social media marketing
• Research and development of community
• Research and development of target audience
• Assistance in tour reporting;
• Research Q&A hosts regionally;
• Assistance in production of marketing materials,
• Liaison with external venue marketing teams
and asset delivery.
• Interested in documentary film excited to find
• Microsoft Office/Mac experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Experience in using Microsoft Excel, Word;
• Knowledge of Google Drive and Calendar;
• Highly organised;
• Attention to detail;
• Experience of working as part of team;
• Experience of working as a volunteer or with a
team of volunteers;
• Competent in using social media platforms
Instagram, Twitter, Facebook;
• Interest in Marketing and Audience Research.
How to Apply:
To apply, please download the Audience Engagement Trainee (Film) application from our website. https://sheffdocfest.com/view/jobs
Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Please address applications to: Maria Stoneman, Head of Operations & HR. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject heading: “Film Audience Engagement Assistant Application”. Please also direct any queries to the same name/email.
The deadline for applications is 09:00GMT on 14 August 2018.
Interview date: Thursday 16 August 2018
About Sheffield Doc/Fest
Sheffield Doc/Fest is a world leading and the UK’s premier documentary festival, celebrating the art and business of documentary and all non-fiction storytelling.
Operating in the heart of the UK, we’re a hub for all non-fiction storytelling across all platforms, from short film to feature length, series, audio, interactive, augmented reality, virtual reality and special events.
The Festival comprises:
• Film programme for the very best in
international documentary screenings;
• Alternate Realities for interactive and immersive
• Special Events including live performance;
• Talks programme including masterclasses,
summits and panels with world-renowned
speakers, to inspire, inform and debate;
• Marketplace & Talent for international business,
delegations, pitching and training;
• Social events and networking;
• All Year Film Screenings, Alternate Realities
Tours, Talks and Training.
Every year, we’re proud to connect thousands of creatives with industry players in a nurturing environment, resulting in the discovery of new talent, new collaborations, and new commissions for cinema, television and online.
We host a festival experience that is creatively inspiring, and the place for pioneering and innovative filmmakers, ideas, projects, debate and thinking – as well as for business, pitching and training.
Sheffield Doc/Fest welcomes over 25,000 Festivalgoers each year, including over 3,400 industry delegates from over 55 countries.
The next Festival will take place 6-11 June 2019.